Samsung AI Researcher of the Year
The 'Samsung AI Researcher of the Year' recognizes promising researchers who have
made outstanding research or contributions to the field of AI.
Samsung proudly announced the 'Samsung AI Researchers of the Year'
on November 2nd in Samsung AI Forum 2020 !
Kyunghyun Cho | New York Univ.
Recognized for his very influential work in neural machine translation. His recent progress in NLP is the most remarkable.
Chelsea Finn | Stanford Univ.
Recognized for her very influential work in meta-learning. She is a clear pioneer of meta learning and applications of RL to robotics.
Seth Flaxman | ICL
Recognized for his work in applying statistics and AI, through statistical machine learning, to public health.
Jiajun Wu | Stanford Univ.
Recognized for his exciting research vision aiming at integration of deep learning, reasoning, NLP, control, cognitive science.
Cho-Jui Hsieh | UCLA
Recognized for his most impactful machine learning research considering the current and future trend.
‘Samsung AI Researcher 2020’ submission is now closed.
We are committed to recognizing standout AI researchers throughout the world. Samsung will conduct the AI Researcher of the Year program annually to support creative and meaningful contributions to AI.
The 'Samsung AI Researcher of the Year' Award supports promising researchers who are pursuing cutting-edge research in AI.
The program recognizes individuals who have made outstanding research or contributions to the field of AI. We encourage submissions from individuals who meet the eligibility requirements.
- - Faculty/researcher at a university or researcher at a public institute.
- (Current university students are not eligible for the program.)
- - Applicant must be 35 or under by submission date of September 7, 2020.
- - Research must be in the field of artificial intelligence.
* Self-nomination and recommendation will be considered.
- - A plaque and monetary award of $30,000 USD.
- - Winners will be invited to the Samsung AI Forum to give a talk about current research.
- * Award ceremony will be held during the Samsung AI Forum on November 2, 2020.
- * This year the forum will be held online due to COVID-19.
Winners interviews & awards ceremony also will be held online, with pre-shoot video. (November 2nd, KST)
(KST / UTC+09:00)
- - Program announcement : July 22 2020
- - Submissions accepted through September 7, 2020
- - Winners announced(via email) in October, 2020
- * The selection process will be overseen by Professor Yoshua Bengio(Co-chair of the Samsung AI Forum) and Samsung AI Forum Board Members.
- * Awards Committee will not provide individual feedback on the results.
- Award ceremony will be held on November 2, 2020 during the Samsung AI Forum.
- 2020 Samsung AI Researcher of the Year submission is now closed.
Submit your application by midnight on September 7, 2020 (KST). Applications are accepted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the online submission page. Online submission page will be open on August.
Application should be submitted in MS Word. (.docx, .doc)
All documents should be submitted in English.
There are no nationality restrictions.
Please identify areas that align with conferences/journals where you would publish. Your choices of primary and secondary areas help us choose who reviews your application. Example Research Areas) Computer Vision, Natural Language and Speech Processing, AI Applications in Material Sciences, AI Applications in Design & Manufacturing, AI Applications in Healthcare, Unsupervised Learning & Generative Models, Meta Learning & Domain Adaptation, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning Hardware, Distributed Large-scale Deep Learning, etc.
Applicant must be
- Faculty/researcher at a university or researcher at a public institute.
(Current university students are not eligible for the program.)
- 35 or under by submission date of September 7, 2020.
(For example, if applicant turns 36 on September 7th, the applicant is not eligible for award.)
- Research must be in the field of artificial intelligence.
Candidates who is 35 years of age at the time of the submission date (7, Sep 2020) are eligible to apply. (For example, if applicant turns 36 on September 7th, the applicant is not eligible for award.)
Anyone can nominate candidates.
The selection process will be overseen by Samsung AI Forum Board Members.
No, applicants will not receive feedback.
Monetary award will be paid directly to the winner.
There are no legal obligations regarding publication rights, exclusivity, intellectual property. Applicants have no obligations, but the winners will be invited to Samsung AI Forum to give a talk. This year, AI Forum will be held virtually on November 2(KST), so the talk will be given remotely. (pre-recorded)
If your question has not been answered, please email us at email@example.com
For more questions, Please contact below.