Researcher of 2023
The "Samsung AI Researcher of the Year" recognizes promising researchers who have made
outstanding research or contributions to the field of AI.
We encourage highly-qualified individuals that meet the eligibility requirements to submit applications directly via this website. If you would like to nominate an outstanding researcher for this award, please see the nomination guide provided below in the “To Apply” section.
- - Faculty or research scientist at a university or public research institute.
* Undergraduate and Doctoral Students are not eligible; however, post-doctoral researcher and research scientist can apply for the award.
- - Applicant must be age 35 or under on August 8, 2023.
- - Research must be in the field of artificial intelligence.
Rewards and Obligations
- - A plaque and monetary award of $30,000 USD.
- - Winners are required to give a presentation about their research at the 2023 Samsung AI Forum.
2023 Samsung AI Forum will be held in Korea on November 7, 2023 (KST)
Timeline (KST / UTC+09:00)
- - Program announcement : June 20, 2023.
- - Submissions accepted through August 8, 2023.
- - Winners announced (via email) in Early September, 2023.
- - Award ceremony will be held in Korea on November 7, 2023(KST) during the Samsung AI Forum.
If you wish to nominate someone for the award, please submit the nomination form by July 29, 2023(KST).
Please see the nomination guide provided below.
The selection process will be overseen by Professor Yoshua Bengio(Co-chair of the Samsung AI Forum) and a committee of world-class professors.
Awards Review Committee will not provide individual feedback on the results.
- Samsung AI Researcher of 2023 submission is now closed.
We are committed to recognizing standout AI researchers throughout the world.
Samsung will conduct the AI Researcher of the Year program annually
to support creative and meaningful contributions to AI.
If you are applying for the award on your own without a 3rd-party nomination, then simply click the “Apply” button on the website and complete the online submission page.
Eligible candidates can submit an application by clicking the “Apply” button and completing the online submission page. Applications must be submitted by midnight on August 8, 2023 (KST) to be considered. *Applications are ONLY accepted via the online submission page.
The nomination file should be submitted in MS Word format. (.docx, .doc)
All documents should be submitted in English.
There are no nationality restrictions.
Please identify areas that align with conferences/journals where you would publish. Your choices of primary and secondary areas help us choose who reviews your application. Example Research Areas: Computer Vision, Natural Language and Speech Processing, AI Applications in Material Sciences, AI Applications in Design & Manufacturing, AI Applications in Healthcare, Unsupervised Learning & Generative Models, Meta Learning & Domain Adaptation, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning Hardware, Distributed Large-scale Deep Learning, etc.
Applicant must be
- Faculty or research scientist at a university or public research institute.
*Undergraduate and Doctoral Students are not eligible; however, post-doctoral researcher and research scientist can apply for the award.
- Age 35 or under on August 08, 2023.
- Research must be in the field of artificial intelligence.
A candidate who is 35 years of age at the time of the submission date (August 08, 2023) are eligible to apply. (For example, if the applicant turns 36 on August 08, the applicant is not eligible for award.)
Anyone can nominate candidates.
The selection process will be overseen by the Awards Review Committee, led by Professor Yoshua Bengio and composed of world-class professors.
No, applicants will not receive feedback.
Monetary award will be paid directly to the winner.
Applicants have no obligations. There are no legal obligations with respect to publication rights, exclusivity, or intellectual property. By accepting the award, winners agree to give a presentation about their research at the 2023 Samsung AI Forum. 2023 Samsung AI Forum will be held on November 07, 2023(KST), and the awardees should prepare award speech for the Forum.
If your question has not been answered, please email us at email@example.com
For more questions, Please contact below.